To work at the Fermilab Test Beam Facility, every user in the group needs to have a Fermilab ID number and must have completed the following, much of which can be done before you arrive at Fermilab the first time.
EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 3, 2020
The process for onboarding for users at Fermilab will be significantly changing. See Access Changes for details. Instructions below will be updated after that date. The process will take some time.
Access to Fermilab is restricted as part of the lab’s program to protect the health and well-being of all. The starting point for updated information is Fermilab’s Covid-19 information webpage. Visiting Fermilab in person will take more planning than in the past. Please stay in contact with FTBF staff about your needs to be onsite.
- Each experimenter should review Users Office webpage for current onboarding practices.
- If you do not already have an account, request Fermilab Computing Privileges:
- Your affiliation is “Test Beam” located at the bottom of the Test Beam list.
- Your Fermilab contact person is the FTBF coordinator.
- Please answer the question “Will you need a Visitor ID badge/be onsite within the next year?” with “yes”.
- In the comments section, please state either the experiment you are working with or your spokes.
- You must read, understand, and agree to comply with the Fermilab Policy on Computing. It can be found at: https://security.fnal.gov/Policies/cpolicy.html
- Please note if you are not a US citizen, you will be asked to provide a CV at this stage. Please contact us if you have any questions. This step can take a long time (up to 6 weeks), so make sure you start the ID process early.
- This results in the issuance of a
- Visitor ID number – allows you to get training and a Fermilab badge
- Services account – allows you to request assistance from Computing Sector
- Security certificate – allows you to log into the FTBF computers
- Complete New Employee/User Orientation Training. It is also a good idea to complete or schedule FTBF-specific training before arriving on site.
- There is only one onsite training necessary. We will arrange trainings by groups. Please make sure to tell us you are coming so we can count you in for the training.