To work at the Fermilab Test Beam Facility, every user in the group needs to have a Fermilab ID number and must have completed the following, much of which can be done before you arrive at Fermilab the first time.
- Each experimenter must read the FNAL Procedures for Researchers manual.
- If you do not already have an account, request Fermilab Computing Privileges.
- Your Fermilab contact person should be the spokesperson of your experiment or the FTBF coordinator (if you are a new spokesperson.)
- You must read, understand and agree to comply with the Fermilab Policy on Computing. It can be found at: http://security.fnal.gov/Policies/cpolicy.html
- This results in the issuance of a
- Visitor ID number – allows you to get training and a Fermilab badge
- Services account – allows you to request assistance from Computing Sector
- Security certificate – allows you to log into the FTBF computers
- Complete New Employee/User Orientation Training. It is also a good idea to complete or schedule FTBF-specific training before arriving on site.